A construction update with the permission of:
Bob Williamson | Jacobs
STH 120 Project Leader
Project work last week included:
- Removed trees causing danger to construction crews at the proposed retaining wall south of Swoboda Road.
- Removed tree stumps from the proposed retaining wall work zone.
- Removed existing stone block retaining wall south of Swoboda Road.
- Excavated behind the proposed wall in preparation for the new wall construction.
- Removed existing flashing beacon stop signs at STH 11 in preparation for new sign bases and flashing signs.
- Asphalt saw cutting in preparation for curb removals in Springfield and asphalt milling.
- Proposed wall panels delivered to site.
Project work happening this week:
- Pouring of the proposed wall’s leveling pad foundation.
- Begin placing retaining wall’s panels and backfilling.
- Sawcutting existing concrete near IH-43 in preparation for concrete repairs and replacements.
- Repairing concrete on NB and SB IH-43 will continue.
Traffic changes happening in the next 7 days:
- STH 120 will be completely closed (local traffic will NOT be able to get through) from Honey Creek Road to 900 feet south of Honey Creek Road in both directions of travel from Friday August 18th at 6:00 AM through Wednesday August 23rd at 8:00 PM. The shutdown is required to remove damaged concrete pavement and replace it. Due to the nature of concrete work and how long concrete takes to set, the closure may extend beyond 8:00 PM on August 23rd, but all attempts to open the roadway by that time will be made.